Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A gift for my Dad - 16 x 16 framed layout for Scraptastic Club and Scrapfit


Boy do I ever feel like I have been absent from the blogging world!!  It's just been a few days... but as with all of you I'm sure, we had such a busy, yet very fulfilling Christmas holiday time!!
I have a fun layout to share with you today.  This is 16 x 16... which I have never done this big before.  I don't know if I've ever really seen this size??!!  I just knew that I had four 5 x 7 photos that I basically didn't want to take too much from when cropping.  When putting this all together, I just had to "Enlarge" my thought process.  :-) 
My Dad turned 65 this year... and as you can see from the pics, this guy is non-stop.  He is probably more active than most 25 year olds.  And not only is he active, but he is very successful at what he does... and I don't really see him slowing down anytime soon.  He gives me all kinds of inspiration.  So... I wanted to commemorate how unique he is from the majority.  My mom suggested... so I went with it.  And Thank you to Karen and Denise for your opinions on my title choices!!

I based my layout from a challenge over at Scraptatstic Club .  This is for the December Challenge #2.
You had to: 
Make a special page about 1 person.
With at least 4 pictures
Journaling
And the person's name in the title 
I'm hoping to complete their 3 other challenges.  But thank you to them for pushing me in the right direction so far.

I am also entering this over at Scrapfit - Weekend warm-up 21.  Just link up one of your favorite layouts.  This is definitely at the top of my list!!

And... just another subtle reminder that over at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges... we are into the 2nd week of our "Holiday Cheer" challenge #69.  We are having a DT call and we have a Giveaway!!  Woo hoo!!  LOTS of reasons to get your scrap on and show us what you got!!  Hope to see you!! 

Supplies:
Patterened paper from Bo Bunny
Cardstock from Stampin' Up - Basic Black. Soft Suede, Creamy caramel 
Random letter stickers for Title & "65" from K & Company
Journaling quote from computer plus star wire clip from stash
Large and Petite tag punch from Stampin' Up
Basic Black brads from Stampin' Up 


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooo AMAZING!!! I just loveeeeeeee those photos and the title is PERFECT!!! Awesome gift!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Georgiana said...

I bet this made your Dad's heart melt. It is beautiful.

Happy New Year,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Kristie W. said...

What an amazing gift, Michele! I am sure it's something your dad will treasure. Everything works so well together and the title is perfect!

Karen Wilson said...

Michele!! I LOVE this! What a thoughtful gift and wow, your dad puts some of us to shame I think. Good for him!! You're only as old as you feel so they say and he looks super young!! I've never seen a LO this size either. Was it hard to frame?? TFS, I was excited to see it!! What was your dad's reaction??

Congrats on your new laptop! You will LOVE it!!!!

Missy Whidden said...

What an amazing & special gift for your Dad! I bet he loved this. I love the sepia tones...just beautiful! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!! So personalized and masculine too :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fabulous masculine/dad LO. What a great tribute!! Thanks for joining in for our Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hi Michele! Love your framed LO! Your Dad will LOVE it!