Sunday, October 9, 2011

LMCB 59 "TAG" You're it! - Back to School 2011 Layout

Good morning everyone!!  Today over at Lasting Memories Ch 59 we want you to show off those TAGS on your layouts!! 

I've got a couple on my layout.  The "2011" and the "2".  This is one of those layouts that "Grabs" at me as I am finishing the final touches.  My kiddos on the first day of school and the 2nd part of the journaling says  "You could not say 'Goodbye' fast enough."  A happy/sad moment for sure.  The kids LOVE school and I feel sorry for myself that they aren't itty bitty babies anymore.  ;-)

Karen, from Lasting Memories also provided this SKETCH to follow.  But, it's to help you.  You don't have to use it for the challenge.

I personally chose to use it.  It worked GREAT for my photo!  So let's see those TAGS on your layouts this week!!  You have until Saturday, October 15th @ 9pm EST to link up.  Excited to see what you can do!!


I am also entering this into the Getting Scrappy Ch 18 - "Get INKY" - You need to show a Cricut/SVG cut somewhere on your layout and that you used INK.
My Apple and main part of my Title are my Cricut cuts and my stamped apples around the circle and the "2" tag qualify for my INK. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Have a great day!!

Supplies Used:
CardstockSU Old Olive, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, "Summer Picnic" DSP
InkSU Old Olive, Real Red, Black basic marker
StampsSU Tart and Tangy, Varsity numbers
Cricut Carts:  Cricut classic Font, My Community
EmbelliesSU Old Olive ribbon, Linen thread

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the photo, the tag and that APPLE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Vicki said...

Great layout. Love the apple and the circle of apples. Cute picture.

Vicki

Kristie W. said...

Very cute take on the sketch!! Love how you did the circle with the little apples :)

Karen Wilson said...

I am loving that apple and your apple circle!! What a fab LO Michele!! You rocked this sketch too!

The Bookin Room said...

OMG your layout is soooo much fun!! I love all of the apples!
xoxo Charity LMDT

Aim said...

What a SWEET layout, Michele!! Hang on to these beautiful moments with your little loves -- Mine are now off at college (WAY too soon!!)... This layout reminds me of my daughter's last first day of school (I linked it a LMLC in the spring!!) and made me choke up a tear or two!! :) School days photos will do that to me now... I love the layout and I love the color combo. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!! :)

Your LMLC DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a neat LO! (your Kids are adorable! Bet you miss them since they went back to school!) Anyhoo I love your tags and I also love the way you created your apple circle.

Amanda said...

Wow, your layout is an A+ in my book.. I love your page design and how you did your journaling.. Thanks so much for joining my "Getting Scrappy Challenge" and I hope you will join my new challenge this Sunday..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)