Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lasting Memories Ch 57 - Use Frames & Flowers


Hello and Good morning!!  Today for Lasting Memories Ch 57, it's all about using FRAMES and FLOWERS.  Easy Peasy... and as I have shown, can be interpreted any way you like.  The flowers are obvious, but for the "Frame" part, I chose to showcase the whole layout by adding the paper strips around.  When I mat photos onto cardstock, that is my 'base" for a frame, and here I simply added photo corner punches to highlight and give it an all around finished, framed look.
I just love these pics of my daughter.  She is just 4 1/2 here and was HAPPY to smile for the camera for me this day. 
Brought a tear to my eye late last night as I was putting the finishing touches on.  Do any of you do that??  Get all emotional when scrappin'??  Would love to hear that I am not the only one.  :-) 

Come on out and join us for LMCH 57!  Be sure to link up before Sat Oct 1 at 9pm EST for your chance at being Featured or being Top 3!! Go check out what the talented DT has to show you.  Love seeing all the different ideas!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutie...Love her smile. Great job with the challenge. Love your color choice also.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

The Bookin Room said...

Don't worry, you are definately not the only Mom who sheds a tear when looking back and remembering the occasion!! She looks adorable in that pic!!
xoxo Charity

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is gorgeous and no, your not the only one that get's emotional, I do & I don't even have any kids!

Wendy said...

I am always shedding tears when flipping through older pictures. I just hide the tear stains with embellishments...lol. Love your layout! It's so sweet!

hollybeary creations said...

Great Layout! I love what you did with all the Flowers.

Vicki said...

Great layout. Love how you framed the entire layout. Great colors too.

Joelle said...

Gorgeous pictures and the flowers are fabulous! Love how you designed this page! It is fabulous!!

Michele K. said...

So Very... Stinkin' Adorable!! That's what that is! Great layout! Love her smile :)

Jenny said...

So cute! Doesn't seem like that long ago that she was just 4 1/2!!! I can relate to your emotional nostalgia!

Karen Wilson said...

I get emotional A LOT so you're not alone!! Especially since I've been going through the old CD's and scrappin' old pics of the kids .. wow!!

So, this LO is super cute and adorable and what a smile! She's sweet!! I love how you incorporated your frame and those flowers..awesome!!

The Crafty Caryn said...

Love how you framed your layout...I definately will have to "lift" this from you! Caryn LMDT