Monday, June 27, 2011

Picture Perfect Creations Ch. #63 - A CONGRATS card that almost wasn't...

The colors for the PPC 63 color combo challenge really jumped out at me this week.  It's that glorious Poppy Parade that gives me smiles.  I immediately had an idea for a 4th of July creation... but had second thoughts when I didn't think I should substitute the traditional "Blue" with Basic Grey.  So my little stars are taking on a new meaning for a well deserved Congratulations card.

And the Color Combo...


Come on over to PPC and show us what you can do with these colors.  If 4th of July crosses your mind... then go for it!!  :-)  I still may on a different project.  As usual, the Design Team has some fun ideas to share with you!  Lots of wonderful inspiration.
Hope to see you!  And remember... any kind of crafty creation, paper or not, is allowed.  Just use these colors. It's also your chance to earn a fun "Winner or Runner-up" badge for your blog to show off to your friends!!  So why not?? 

Supplies:  Mostly Stampin' Up
Cardstock:  Poppy Parade, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Poppy Parade DSP
Stamps:  Happy Greetings
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Basic Black, White gel pen
Embellies:  5/8" Basic Grey satin ribbon, white brads, Decorative XL punch, Large Oval punch, 1 1/4" square punch
Cricut:  George and Basic Shapes (Stars)

9 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous, Michele! I love it and love the colors too!

Tamie said...

Love seeing all of the stars. What a great idea of thinking of the 4 of July already...how could it be so soon. I think I blinked and June is now almost gone. I hope you had an awesome weekend. Back to your fabby card, love the hand drawn lines around the stars it adds pop and the sentiment is perfect. When I saw it it reminded me of an graduation card too. Have a rockin day :)

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Michele, this is wonderful!!! I adore your layout for this card!!!! And the stars are magnificent! FAB-U-LOUS!!

Linda

Lesley said...

So fun Michele! I love the little faux stitched stars!
Smiles,
Lesley

Jenny said...

Your cards are just so fantastic!

Unknown said...

I think you made an excellent call using it for a congrats color scheme :)

Michele K. said...

Haha! We both used stars!!!! Love your card, it really pops. :)

Leanne said...

Another fantastic job, love the stars, and the way you put it all together, awesome...such talent!

Lori Turner said...

Michele, this card ROCKS! I love your stars and your layout with these colors - WTG!